Thursday, May 1, 2008

Getting to know me!

So Mister tagged me to do a meme.. I'm very honored! It's my first one! :)

MEME:

1) What was I doing 10 years ago?

10 years ago I was starting my first year of high school in Richardson. I was a 14 year old sophomore who loved school (NERD!) and was also in marching band (GEEK!). I wasn't your mainstream idea of popular, but I had a lot of friends and enjoyed every minute of high school.

2) What are 5 things on my to-do list for today (not in any particular order):

1. Finish this blog post.
2. Grade some make-up work.
3. Watch Grey's Anatomy and Lost!
4. Repaint my toenails.
5. Call my love interest :)

3) Snacks I enjoy:
Cashews/Almonds/Nuts of any kind, chips and salsa, string cheese, apples and peanut butter, popcorn

4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
1. Bribe the current president to do away with NCLB and allow education to be regulated by state mandates chosen by TEACHERS, not politicians.
2. Travel with my ENTIRE family around the world.
3. I have no idea.. I clip coupons and only buy things on sale, I can't even fathom having that much money!

5) Three of my bad habits:

1. My Carmex use, I use the stuff like it's heroin. I haven't gone a day without it since 2000.
2. Cracking my knuckles.
3. Not washing my hands as much as I should. I know, ew.

6) 5 places I have lived:

1. Richardson, TX
2. Waco, TX
3. Brisbane, Australia
4. Frisco, TX
5. --------

7) 5 jobs I have had:

1. Math Teacher! :)
2. Hollywood Video Customer Sales Rep
3. Daycare Teacher (my current diaper count is probably 20000+)
4. Cashier at CiCi's Pizza
5. Kennel Cleaner at a boarding facility (my mom wouldn't drive me home one day because she said I smelled so bad. Texas summer heat and dog shit don't mix)



So I know you all have been just as busy as I have lately. TAKS is over as of yesterday, but now it's on to our last units of the year in order to prepare them for next year! I swear every student practiced their whining today when they found out that we were actually working and that they had homework. As much as they deserve a day off, we just don't have time! Our field trip is next week, which should be fun as long as it doesn't rain. Which it is supposed to. Great. My social life turned on an upswing in the last 2 weeks, but lack of communication since then has me a bit worried. I'm hoping for the best, but have been burned in the past.

2 comments:

100 Farmers said...

You totally made me feel old. Ten years ago I started teaching and am now at a certain school with a Might Band.

Maestro said...

"I wasn't your mainstream idea of popular, but I had a lot of friends and enjoyed every minute of high school."

Yeah, but that is SO much better than being mainstream popular! Band geeks rule the world, btw ;-)