Friday, October 31, 2008

Fall is here!

( A picture from my balcony looking at the woods behind my apartment complex)

The weather has been cooling, the leaves are changing colors (see, we do have fall here in Texas!) and some weird things have been happening. There were 2 earthquakes in the DFW area last night! I went to bed at like 10 because I was exhausted so I didn't feel anything, but I'm not near the center so I don't know if I would have anyway. Earthquakes are kind of fun to experience. My first one was in August while I was in San Diego visiting my dad. It was close to a 5.0 and was pretty interesting to experience the world shaking! It's loud too, which is also weird.

The kids were absolutely nuts today. Not only is it Halloween, but it's Red Ribbon Week, and we had an assembly, AND my 6th graders won a party for raising the most money for MADD. Today was a beating. I am so glad that Halloween is on a Friday this year. I think that should be the rule.. last Friday of October, not necessarily October 31st. I can't imagine what they'd be like tomorrow! Oh wait, yest I can.

Had an appointment with the doctor on Monday after last Friday's incident, she ran some bloodwork and it all came back normal, but I have been having trouble with dizzyness so I'll be heading back there this coming Monday for a follow-up. I'll probably end up getting stuck again. Yay.

My birthday is this weekend so I'll be celebrating with friends on Saturday and family on Sunday! I'm a little bummed that my deal with my friends didn't turn out better. Over 30 people invited and only about 8-10 are coming! Makes me feel somewhat unappreciated :( Oh well. I'll be the big 2-5 on Sunday. That freaks me out a little to be honest with you. I'm soon going to be closer to 30 than to 20. Ugh. Well, I'm off to get acquainted with my sofa and TiVo. No trick or treaters for me!!!

No comments: